Thursday, October 23, 2014

Killer Queen (Painted Faces #2)


Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)


Rating : 4.5 stars
Read: October 2014
Format Read : Kindle Edition (ARC kindly given by the author)




"Extreme highs, earth-shattering lows 
- I've had them all."


Killer Queen (Painted Faces #2) by L.H. Cosway



"It was a new sensation for me to want to mark my spot, but she brought out my inner caveman. Who'd have thought it,huh? A bloke who wore dresses and lipstick on a regular basis was going all alpha male. There was definitely a touch of irony in there somewhere."


Killer Queen takes place before, during and after the previous book, Painted Faces.
And it's Nicholas time to tell a story, in a sort of journal, letting us know some of his lowest and highest point...and how meeting this beautiful, witty and snarky woman left him on his knees and feeling fully accepted of all the things that make him quite the "unique snowflake".



So this book not only gave a new perspective to the story it didn't the feel the whole book all over again (like it seems to be the norm this day) and many times it was quite intense and emotional to be on Nicholas shoes but what a pair of heels those are! (sorry couldn't resist the pun)
But it was also so entertaining, our Nicholas does have one dirty mouth (not that I'm complaining) and like before he can be amusing and just hilarious. Oh and jealous Nicholas? Priceless!
So yes, it was a whole new experience to read his perspective...


And it have given a lot more about him and how this woman made him see himself and try to really LIVE and not merely exist. Made him see that he is worth of every happiness and even if the memories shape us, is left to us to not let them overcome the life we can have.

(and one a quick note, Phil totally deserves the best friend award. I f I liked him before, now I completely adore the man for all his done.)

So do I have to say how much I LOVED this book?

Even though I've read Painted Faces in April (and only posted my review yesterday...damn procrastination) , it was a book that absolutely made it's mark on me.
 I loved this unconventional, sassy and emotional story. It's one of those books, that even if you not sure at first is totally worth the leap. 
Killer Queen can be read as a standalone but I would recommend to read Painted Faces to have the whole experience, and for that I don't mean just more of Fred and Viv, because let's face it, you won't get enough of them....but it's also because L.W. Cosway it's one great writer.

And that ending?...PERFECTION.

110


Oh and Nicholas?

This Is For Anyone Who's Thirsty For Michael Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment