Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rush (Breathless #1)

Rush (Breathless, #1)


Rating : 3 stars
Read: June 2014
Format Read : Kindle Edition 




When Gabe Hamilton saw Mia Crestwell walk into the ballroom for his hotel’s grand opening, 
he knew he was going to hell for what he had planned. 
After all, Mia is his best friend’s little sister. 
Except she’s not so little anymore.
 And Gabe has waited a long time to act on his desires.

Rush is Gabe's and Mia story...


Gabe is one of Mia's best friends and business partner. He is reserved, and powerful and have been for years now, Mia crush.
And well, she never thought that Gabe ever looked at her as anything else than a little sister. Oh boy was she wrong...



Gabe also being lusting after Mia for years, she have grown to a beautiful woman...but she is waiting for the right time to allure her to his world and to his bed.



Can such an intense and obsessive relationship lead to more or it's doomed to fail?

***

Ok, I read a fair amount of the story of the rich, dominant guy that presents the woman a contract...

"There's an entire paragraph devoted to the issue of my fidelity. 
However, there's nothing about you being faithful to me.
" Amusement glimmered in his eyes. "That's important to you."
"Hell yes," she said with more force than she intended. 
"If that contract says I'm yours, then by God it's going to say you belong to me." 

At least I thought Mia had a backbone and in such a twisted way, I got why the need of a contract, since his ex-wife accused him of abuse. It actually sound "reasonable" that he took precautions,lol.

Now, you may laugh but I thought the beginning a bit creepy, the way he said he waited years for her to grow up,lol. I kept picturing him with an "evil mustache" and rolling it when he was thinking that,ahaha.
Anyway, I still had fun reading it and let's face it, Maya Banks does know how to write some scorching hot scenes.



Oh and I loved it, after so much drama near the end (that whole Paris scene was so wrong, in so many levels), the heroine actually made him crawl. You go girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment