Friday, July 25, 2014

Every Day (Every Day #1)

Every Day

Rating : 4.5 stars
Read: June 2014
Format Read : Kindle Edition 


This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world.
 It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. 
The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. 

This is A's story, every day he wakes in a different body, a different gender,race, a different life.

Since he could remember, A's always "hijacked" another person body, another person life. How crippling it would be to exist but in a way not having an identity of his own.
A's tries his best not to disrupt the life of the person he is in,trying to not act differently, try to remain unnoticed...until the day he fells in love with a girl, Rhiannon.
Now he cares where/who will be, he must try to know more about her, be with her, because he never felt such a connection since the day he met her.


description

Can a person that changes every day, have a chance of continuity, of belonging?



Gosh, I really got so emotional reading this unique story. 
More than a love story, it's a story of a person craving for belonging, to a shot of existence, to an opportunity to be remember. He could never had a family, friends to call his own, since he never knew where or who he will be in the next day. It's actually a heartbreaking story, because even if you root for A, we can't see how he can get what he really wants.

Now, I see that this is one of those books that aren't for everyone but it worked really well for me. 
I loved the writing and the story was really one of a kind. A story that it's beyond gender,race, body type...a story that shows that each one of us just wants to belong and find someone to call our own.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this story was beautiful and extremely well written. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think it sends a really good message, but I agree with you, everyone probably won't enjoy it although I wish they did.

    Kay @ It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to find someone that loved it as much as I did :D

      Delete