Friday, April 11, 2014

To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a Mockingbird



Rating : 5 stars
Read: March 31th to April 6th
Format Read: Kindle Edition



Every time I saw one of those lists of "Books to read before you die", To Kill a Mockingbird is always featured in. And not just because of that,also the themes featured in it, i did have it on my TBR list for a long time. So neither to say, my expectations for this classic were quite high... and oh boy, did this book delivered!


Besides such strong issues, like racism, justice and so on,I think it was unique to see the whole situation in the perspective of a child, our dearest heroine Scout. Because we also get quite lovely moments, even a nostalgic feeling of remember my own childhood, of trying to figure it out the grown up world, when everything seemed quite simpler than they truly are.



What drew me in instantly in this story were in fact the characters, especially Atticus, Jem and Scout...such precious characters that I think it was quite privilege to read about them. The way we see the values that Atticus is trying to teach his children, even when those values are the minority at that time. He is trying to teach them to do the right thing, to stand up for justice,even if no one else does that.



So it was quite a profound book, that made me think a lot of those issues and particularly how many of them are still relevant today...human nature does seems quite an unchangeable thing but even the actions of few good men can change the settling of evil and injustice.



"Atticus, you must be wrong..."
"How's that?"
"Well,most folks seem to think they're right and you're wrong..."
"They're certainly entitled to think that,

 and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions,"said Atticus,
"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. 
The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." 


Definitely a must read...


No comments:

Post a Comment