Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's #1) || || Let's make room for the freebies #2

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St. Mary's Series)

Rating : 2.5 okish stars
Read: March 29th to 31th
Format Read: Kindle Edition


And it's still free on amazon!

Well, what to say about this book?

When I read the blurp and the title, I was instantly interested in reading it...



"Meet the disaster-magnets at the St Mary's Institute of Historical Research as they ricochet around History, observing, documenting, drinking tea and, if possible, not dying."



And the title? Seems like an accuracy of my life,ahaha. 
Anyway,a team of historians that time-travel to document important moments in History and try not to get killed,since it seems that History doesn't like to be "disturbed".
We get their training and their life threatening missions, and how they undiscovered a plan that threats the institution and all their lives.
So I was expecting a mix of "Indiana Jones" meets "time-travel" that turns into awesomeness!
Did that happen?


Not really!
I almost DNF the book, I was bored and the characters didn't hold my attention BUT the 2nd half of the book was a whole lot better, and it was what made me finish it and ended up enjoying it.

In that 2nd act, the story line was action packed, emotional and the story quite interesting. I felt that the narrative was somehow flat but the plot, the ideas behind it won me over. The whole Alexandria plan was just awesome!
I do wish that it showed more areas and not so much focus in the dinossaurs...i get the appealing but it was too much for me.



Overall,I liked the plot but there was something missing in the narrative...I never get to attached to the characters and bottom line that was a problem to me.



Maybe my expectations were too high...either way...


No comments:

Post a Comment