Monday, February 10, 2014

Aberrant (Aberrant #1)

Aberrant (Aberrant, #1)

Rating: 1 star
Read: December 2013
Format Read: Kindle edition (ARC)


I love reading dystopian stories! 
And I usually end up reading them and have this highly expectations of it. And the truth is I'm not that picky of a reader, if the characters are good and the world building reasonable, I'm sold.

However, Aberrant didn't worked out for me.

The blurp seemed great but it just fell flat. It just seemed a mix of some of other great dystopian novels without being great. I kept reading and thinking "Hmm this sound awfully familiar". 
I do know it's hard to came up with something unusual fresh because they all start with some of the same premises,but even so, even if it feels familiar, if the story is that good,you'll soon forget the others and focus only in the story you're reading.

Yep, I couldn't focus on it, even if I found the main couple cute, all the plot twists made me roll my eyes like crazy. I get that in a series we usually don't get many answers in the first book,  we're has clueless and the heroes BUT the few things that were disclosed, didn't make all that sense for me.AT ALL.



It wasn't just the book for me!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like it is getting harder and harder to find a dystopian that really sticks out from the crowd and wows me. A lot of them lately have just been okay for me. Sorry this one didn't work out for you! I haven't read it yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get exactly what you mean! And well it's get harder when I read some really amazing ones and I can't help compare the one I'm reading with them. Some authors seems that they're are following a formula and it's the worst when the reader feels it while reading it! :S
      Thanks Kay for the comment and of course for stopping by!
      Happy reading !

      Delete