Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

Rating : 3 stars
Read : January 4th to 10th 2014
Format Read : Kindle Edition


Before I picked up this book I had never heard of Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess before.
I saw it around GR and every single time I looked at the cover (and title) I immediately thought "I must read it, it seems to be hilarious!!!".
And well, it is indeed such a fun and WEIRD ride!! Just by the names of the chapters you'll think it's funny, chapters like "I was a Three-Year-Old Arsonist" or "My Vagina Is Fine. Thanks for Asking" or even "Thanks for the Zombies,Jesus".

My main thought while reading it was "How in the hell that happened?"!! There really some weird and kind of unreal situations that I don't doubt they're real. They're almost impossible to made everything up,ahaha.

Anyway, so why 3 stars? 
Well, in fact I enjoyed much more the childhood situations, especially some of the scenes with her father

"The Dangerous Thesaurus of My Father." An abridged version: 

That have gems like...



"It's very excited."= "It has rabies"

"It likes you!" = "This wild boar is now your responsibility."

"Now, this is really interesting." = "You'll still have nightmares about this when you're thirty."

"Don't scream or you'll scare it." = "You should really be running now."


It's disturbing and priceless! Seriously!

But many chapters seemed bit forced or just not amused me that much. I don't know, I'm all for embrace the weirdness but sometimes were a bit over the top,imo.
Overall I enjoy it and have some good laughs with it.

p.s- The story behind the squirrel in the cover is not cute at all!! Just a warning :DD






No comments:

Post a Comment