Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Best Reads of 2013 || Standalones

Hi everyone,this is my last post for the best reads of 2013 :)

It's time for some of my ultimate favorite standalone's books of this past year!  5 of them I had to have in paperback to, to be next to me on my nightstand and where I can read some of my favorite scenes over and over! (and well, I do plan to buy the rest too...little by little I'm getting all my faves ^^)


  • Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


Me Before You

#quote from Me Before You

When I started this book I never thought I would be that emotional attached to it...it caught me by surprise and I had to read it in one setting! The cover is misleading, this is not chic lit, or summer romance or anything like that. It's a story full of love but above all about choices and our right to make them.

  • Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Forbidden


I can't talk about this book without getting all teary... I know it's a really polemic book and not for everyone but i loved every heartbreaking moment of it...
And don't let me start about my precious Lochie <33


  • On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves

On the Island (On the Island, #1)

I pulled my arms out from underneath her body and tucked her hair behind her ears. 
“I love you, Anna.”
The surprised look on her face told me she hadn't seen that coming.
“You weren't supposed to fall in love,” she whispered.
“Well, I did,” I said, looking into her eyes. “I've been in love with you for months. I’m telling you now because I think you love me too, Anna. You just don’t think you’re supposed to. You’ll tell me when you’re ready. I can wait.”
I pulled her mouth down to mine and kissed her and when it ended, I smiled and said,
“Happy birthday.”

A tale of surviving against all odds and finding love when you least expect it. And oh boy, how I love this book! Amazing you guys,amazing!


  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault In Our Stars

(and a bonus pic because I freakin LOVE John Green..he is just SOOOO awesome!)

The Fault In Our Stars

Yep, it does smell like tears and pain! Many people see the synopses and run like hell from this book but the thing is, it's not about cancer...sure they have but they're not defined by their disease. It's a funny, real and will kick you in the gut kind of book but it will change you and see that our main goal in life should be to make the most of it in our numbered days here. 


  • The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
The Sea of Tranquility

The Sea of Tranquility

And like that this book will crawl up in you! I didn't expected to love it that much but I really did. The story does have a slow building and it's painful to read a POV with so much hurt but it's most of it a story of second chances. And that ending? Perfect!

  • Vain by Fisher Amelie

Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)



An emotional journey to find herself and happiness while discovering what is really important in life...just a beautiful story full of soul.

p.s- Yep, every time I read the title I start singing "You're sooooo vain, you really think this song is about you...don't you?"...ahaha, I'm weird I know :D
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
This past year I did read some dark and disturbing reads or like Ilove to call it "I've been mindf*cked " and I think I lodt my sanity along the way kind of book!
Anyway, if you love suspense,thrillers and flawed characters this book is for you! A story filled of twist after twist that will leave you speachless.
Yeah, Gillian Flynn is one hell of an writer.


So this is the last post of "down the memory lane" of 2013!
Let's hope that 2014 will be an awesome year for reading! :D




2 comments:

  1. oh we have the same taste in books 4 of those were also my 2013 favs. Me Before you, On the Island, The Fault in our Stars and Gone Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome :D Those books are just perfect! <33

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete