Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Let the Right One In

Let the Right One In

Rating :* 1 "still don't know how to feel about this book" kind of stars * 
Read:October 1 to November 13,2013
Format Read: paperback



Let the right one in
Let the old dreams die
Let the wrong ones go
They cannot do
What you want them to do


I got to say that I was torn on how I was going to rate this book...I had several mixed up feelings about the story, the characters, everything.

It's an well written book, dark, gritty and even grotesque. There isn't real beauty in this world, just darkness luring everyone around it in.



At first, the narrative was confusing. Several POV's, several plot lines that doesn't seem to be connected at all but that gradually starts to make sense.

What didn't worked out for me?
Well, having a story in such a dark note, there wasn't a character that I loved and rooted for...I didn't liked the main character, Oskar, at all! He annoyed me, and even when I felt pity for him being bullied, he crashed that by showing his killing instincts.
So not having someone to connect too just made all the horrific scenes even more horrific...murders, pedophilia, just too much for me too handle.

Just not the book for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment