Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2)




Rating : 4 stars
Read: December 29 to 31,2012
Format Read : Kindle Edition



"I have done a number of things to keep this man. 
I have lied and cheated.
 I have been sexy and meek, fierce and vulnerable. 
I have been everything but myself."


After I read The Opportunist (the first book in the series), I was left emotional drained and just couldn't stop thinking about it.


Photobucket

Oh Yes, it's one of those books that should come with the warning "Book Hangover ahead...proceed with caution".

 A story of flawed people. A story how our choices, to the small to the bigger ones, defines who we are. 
The story about Olivia and Caleb...and of course of Leah and how she does anything to win Caleb.

It was an incredible BOLD of the author, to write the 2nd book in the villain's POV.

I must confess, that I was reluctant to start it just because of that. I loaded her!
She is such a b*tch!!!


Photobucket

Anyway, the book starts when Leah gives birth to Estella and i'm caught by surprise, i imagined her over the moon, for getting the guy of her dreams and a child. But no, she is jealous, because its a baby girl, another woman to stole the attention of her husband.

 Now how twisted is that?

Photobucket

The story also alternates between the past and the present, and we learn how she met Caleb, her relationship with her family and of course, the things she did to "catch him".
Many of the scenes, i just couldn't believe how shallow she was, or even worse, how she pretended to be. She was never completely herself around Caleb, afraid if he saw her how she truly was, he wouldn't stay. But how kind of life is that?

I actually only liked Leah when she was with Sam (the manny), because their banter was hilarious, and he wasn't afraid to tell her the true, even if it was to call her a cold bitch :D

The next book, it's on Caleb's POV , which will give so much insight in the gut wrenching and raw story!
Is he the manipulative one, like Leah claims?


Overall

The Angst level in this series is CRAZY and i love it! Call me a masochist reader, I don't care,ahaha.
Did this book changed my opinion of Leah? Not really, she is still a b*tch BUT a more human one, if that's make sense.  Bottom line, she is just such a selfish person that doesn't care about the consequences.

If you haven't read this series, just jump aboard the crazy wagon and enjoy one amazing ride....






No comments:

Post a Comment