Thursday, November 28, 2013

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

Rating : 5 big stars
Read: November 22 to 24, 2013
Format Read: Paperback



5 big "why the hell haven't I read this sooner?"kind of stars 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
In 6 weeks everything changed...the Angels fall down from the sky and started to destroy our world.

From exterminating humans or capturing them to their will, they caused drastic natural phenomenons,tsunamis, tornadoes, earthquakes, adding to the destruction.

So in just few weeks, the world seems defeated,without hope. The groups still alive, do anything so survive.


This is the world of our heroine, Penryn , that takes care of her younger and disabled sister and her paranoid mother.
When the unthinkable happens and her sister Paige is kidnapped, she will do everything to bring her back safe. Even if it means saving the injured and wingless angel warrior and make him help her find Paige.



And so the journey of two of the most unlike allies begin...they must fight together to survive and they have to trust each other with their lives.

Between an Apocalyptic world, ruthless angels, gangs, the human resistance, and new deadly creatures, Penryn and Raffe battle is just beginning. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!

I devoured this book, just couldn't stop reading it! The world building, the characters,the story line is just amazing. It's dark, gritty,emotional, ruthless...a world that'll suck you in right in the first pages.


Characters 

Penryn 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just fantastic! What a kick ass heroine,gosh!

She is loyal, fierce,funny and just awesome.
In a world that seems to be just "Each one for themselves" she is constantly trying to do the right thing. And she will do anything to bring her sister back.
She have so much on her shoulders and to know she thinks she is the one responsible for her sister fate, is just heartbreaking.



And her relationship with my favorite wingless angel,Raffe?

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

The bantering and the teasing is just...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You don't believe me? 


“Are you really an archangel?” I whisper.
He gives me a cocky grin. “Impressed?”
“No,” I lie. “But I have some complaints I’d like to file about your personnel.”
“Talk to middle management.”
I follow him out the door, giving him my
death-by-glare expression.” 



Raffe 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Alongside with Penryn, he is one of my favorite characters ever and most definitely one of my favorite duo.

He is just fascinating!!! And we meet him, he is surrounded by other angels and fighting fiercely against them...and they manage to cut his wings. How Penryn describes the devastation when he sees his wings on the ground is just heartbreaking.
It's inevitable to compare him to the other angels and right at first, we can see he is on a league of his own. And above all we see that his sense of right and wrong is nowhere near the other ones.
It's inevitable to love him, to laugh at his corny sense of humor and the way they tease and banter each other...


“I never kid about my warrior demigod status."
"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper.


 "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.”
He chuckles."Evolution." He leans over as if telling me a secret."I'll have you know that I've been this perfect since the beginning of time."
“Oh, please. Your giant head is getting too big for this forest. Pretty soon, you're going to get stuck trying to walk between two tress. And then, I'll have to rescue you." 
I give him a weary look. "Again.” 

(LMAO)
In a story where the Angels are the villains, the destroyers, Raffe is our kick ass hero, our warrior that will do what's right.And alongside Penryn, you will root for this 2 to triumph and survive in this new and harsh world.

Overral

Well by now, you must certain have gathered how much I loved this book!

It's an enthralling story and one that have so many of my favorite elements/genres in it, from dystopia to paranormal.
And besides a great world building, the characters are complex and it's amazing to follow their journey.



Now, I won't spoil anything,I'll just say that the ending is one HELL of CLIFFHANGER! That scene was excruciating!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If you haven't read this one yet, RUN and go grab a copy, You'll love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment