Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Elite (Eagle Elite #1)

Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)

Rating: 2 stars
Read: July 12 to 13,2013
Format Read: Kindle Edition

Ok, where do I start?

This book turned out not I was expecting at all and not in a good way!
I do love when an author tries to think outside the box and gives us a fresh take in what could have been the same old formula.



So Trace won a scholarship for the most exclusive college in the world, the college where the kids from the most influential and powerful people in the world go to aka Eagle Elite College.
So to Trace, a farm girl, to win the scholarship, it was like to win the lottery...



Only to discovered a new world, where the Elects rule the all school and you must follow their biding or suffer the consequences...



Now what did bother me in this story?
Many things actually!

First one, almost half all the book I had this deja vu feeling...there were LOADS of similarities between this story and Korean drama I watches years ago, Boys Before Flowers, that was based on the japanese manga Hana Yori Dango. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I felt that Elite was like an american version of it, the 4 gorgeous and handsome Elect that rule the college, rang a bell form my old friends F4. 

The wining a scholarship, the bullying, to the leader falling in love with the poor girl...and of course rescuing her from all the other students trowing her eggs and so on.



Then why, if i did enjoyed the drama I didn't liked it in this story? 
Well, basically because regarding a drama (especially one based in a manga) we have to expect some over the top scenes or story lines or even ridiculous ones. To read it in a new adult story, not so much!

***spoilers***

What did bother me, was that this was a college setting, ages 18 to over...and it appeared like some High School for me. And still wearing uniforms, really?


Now, he are introduce to a whole Mafia story line. 
Nixon is the ultimate Boss and also the leader of the Elect. So basically he runs the school...Am I to believe that someone that have to run all the business in the familia is wasting time at college to rule the school? I do get it was in his plan to undercover some truths but still...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I didn't connected with the characters and I didn't felt most of the romance. Plus the whole revelation I loved you since I was 9 years old, not realistic :( Close friends or someone you would always trust? Sure! But the love of your life,hmmmmm....

The more I think about this story, the more frustrated I get...There were some scenes that I enjoyed but when I expected to get better it didn't.
To sum it up, in my opinion, this story was just all over the place...and it was just infuriating that nearly by the end of the story, trowing a love triangle like that, REALLY? REALLY?


Anyway, this was just not the book for me :(




***egalley kindly provided via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review ***

4 comments:

  1. After reading your review I think I am going to stay away from this one! It seems to be just too much and it is weird that college students are wearing a uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story just seemed so all over the place :S And the uniforms things seemed so weird to me! We can't love them all, right? xx

      Delete
  2. Joana, I had some of the same reactions to this book as you did. I can't say I enjoyed it, everything felt forced and cliché. Good thing there's a lot of other books out there that we can enjoy!


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it did seemed forced and cliché and just a let down :S
      So true!
      Thanks for dropping by Lexxie :D

      Delete