Friday, August 2, 2013

Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12)



Rating : 4.5 stars
Read: July 19th,2013
Format Read : Kindle Edition



14 years old Isabel had a huge crush on Ford Hendrix. The thing is, he was her older sister fiance.

When their engagement was called off and he joined the army, Isabel was crushed but devoted herself to write him letters.
In the course of 10 years, she wrote to him, poured her feeling and what she was experiencing. Since he never wrote back, it worked for her like a diary, where she shared all her fears and dreams.
She finally decided to stop writing him and move on with her life.

A few years later,and recently divorced, Isabel is back to her hometown, to run her grandma's bridal shop, until her parents are prepare to sell it. So her dreams to pursue fashion and open her own shop in NY are on hold.

What she didn't expect was to Ford to also return home and start his own security business.

And of course she wasn't expect for the reaction she still have to him. He is dark, mysterious and oh so cocky,aha.

"You're saying women want you?"

"All the time."
"How that must annoy you."
"I'm used to it. Mostly I consider taking care of them my patriotic duty." She felt her mouth drop open.
"Your duty?"
"Patriotic duty. It would be un-American to leave a woman in need." 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


But the thing she doesn't know, is that he read every single letter she wrote.

He doubted she knew what her letters had meant to him. How her words had kept him grounded. 


What now starts has a friendship can develop to so much more.
 Can Ford really commit with a woman and can Isabel see her future outside NY?




When I started this book I had no idea it was part of a series , even less that it was  the 12th book in it. 
It still works as a standalone !

I enjoyed this story immensely. It was just what I was looking for, a fun and light read, with great MC and a wonderful and heartwarming romance.

Of course, there where parts regarding other characters, that I could gather that they had already a book of their own but that just made me curious to check out the rest of the series.



One of the things I loved about this, not just that first unrequited love (the letters were great) but how they start fresh several years later. Id didn't felt rushed, it was slow building, with dates, with conversations and the attraction between them.
And did I said the bantering? This 2 together are just hilarious, I stop counting the times they made me chuckle.



"No, that's not all. You can't undress me."
"Is this an Amish thing?"
"Amish? What do the Amish have to do with anything?"
"I don't know. Why can't I undress you?"
"What do you know about SPANX?"
"You want me to spank you? 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See? Hahaha, priceless!


If you're looking for a fun and light read, put it on your TBR list. It' just wonderful! *sigh



**egalley kindly provided via netgalley in exchange of an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment