Friday, August 16, 2013

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)


Rating : 5 stars
Read : March 29 to 30, 2013
Format Read : Kindle Edition



OMFG this book!!!! 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It left me emotional drained and with a humongous (is that a word?) in my face…Why is that?


Because Qhuinn and Blay are perfect!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I admit I’m a sucker for angst. Let’s just say it’s the masochist in me.

Oh many times, I just yell at my kindle like they were real and they could hear me antics “ GAHHHH, HE LOVES YOU, YOU FOOL” or “BLOODY HELL, JUST KISS ALREADY” or “YOU GUYS ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER, DON’T MAKE ME SLAP SOME SENSE IN THOSE THICK SKULLS!” *breathes deeply* However, I feel every single thing with them. If they are heartbroken, I feel my heart squeeze and I get all teary, if they have an epiphany and finally see the light, my heart bursts with joy and I’m grinning. Oh yes, I got so emotional with this too, my heart broke but it was surely mended, and well, what a perfect epilogue…PERFECT!!
Now let's start with Qhuinn...

"Goddamn it, he wasn’t going down like a pussy. No ducking, no pathetic oh-please-God-no-saaaaaave-me. Fuck that. He was going to meet death with his fangs bared and his body braced and his heart pounding not from fear, but from a whole boatload of…

“Blow me, Grim Reaper!” 



HAHAHA, seriously, Qhuinn is just bad ass and just AWESOME!!


Alongside Zhadist, Qhuinn is my favorite character. Oh yes, the broken/tortured hero that triumphs his own inner demons and have a wicked attitude, is my thing. Well, you could say that each brother had to face their own demons or they had major drama in their lives, but this 2 just broke my heart with their story. Especially Qhuinn. He was shut down, ignored and felt the revulsion of his own blood. And what’s even worse? It’s not like their family was incapable of love, he felt their love or pride for each other, so to be in the outside line was even a greater torture.

Then while doing the right thing, and try so save John, he gets banished by his family. Like he never existed. In a world that blood means everything, he became the Son of no one.

And don't let me start on his own brother went with the others to "teach him a lesson".
So every time i read anything of what is family did to him, i just wanted to hunt them down!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And then comes Blay. 
His best friend. The one that was always there for him. The one he realized was in love with all along.

“I’m sorry I’ve wasted so much time – and if you don’t want to be with me, I get it. I’ll back off – I’ll live with the consequences. But for the love of God, if there’s a chance – for whatever reason on your side – revenge, curiosity…hell, even if you’ll let me fuck you just once and never, ever again, for the sole reason of driving a stake through my heart? I’ll take it. I’ll take you…any way I can get you.” 

AHHH THE ANGST!!!

In his fantasy, he kissed his best friend again, pulled back, and… “I love you”, he said into the spray of the shower. “I…love you.” As he closed his eyes against the pain, it was hard to know how much of what ran down his cheeks was water, and how much was something else. 

* FEELS LIKE A KNIFE THROUGH MY HEART*

Oh yes, Qhuinn thinks Blay is still with Saxton. He thinks he will never have a chance with him again, that he is not worthy of him.

And Blay, well, he doesn't want to hurt anymore. He doesn't want to fool himself again and let his heart break again.


Well I won't tell much more, just read it and you'll love it.

I admit some parts did bored me a little (like the first parts with Assail and Xcor but it did improved a lot imo).

You'll get more of the brotherhood( especially all Wrath awesomeness ^^) and you'll crave for more!!!


[ The initiation of Qhuinn in the brotherhood actually left me in tears...his first thought was that they were kicking him out and not welcoming in the brotherhood T.T the whole scene was intense and just so emotional )

Well by now you get how much i loved this book!

5 KICK ASS STARS 


No comments:

Post a Comment