Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of their bloggers there at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. And incentive us to do the same.

So this week the meme is Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Best

1. Atonement






Atonement is one of my favorite books and when I read it I thought It would be hard to adapt it to a film. It exceeded my expectations, beautiful cinematography, breathtaking performances (James McAvoy you're flawless) and an haunting OST.







2.Harry Potter






I'm biased when it come to the Harry Potter's movies. I know it's not perfect but it's damn close for me.











3.Pride and Prejudice



Oh Yes, I do love Joe Wright's movies! I want him to direct all my favorite books,aha.
And besides that I'm a big Keira's fan and her portrait of Lizzie was perfect! And don't let me start on Matthew! Just so many iconic scenes, from the confrontation on the rain to that breathtaking dawn scene.And now I want to watch the movie again!









4. Lord of The Rings






I did discovered the books only after I saw the first movie. The books are massive and really descriptive but overall, the adaption is simple one of the best.










5.One Day





I just love this movie and this book! I know many people were distracted by Anne's accent but I think this one was one of her best movies. 










6. Memoirs of a Geisha 





It's far from perfect but I couldn't helped but loved it anyway.












7. Perks of Being a Wallflower




One of my favorite books! It's on my pile of "It'll stay with me forever"....and to say that the movie made the book justice!
Oh and don't let me start on the OST!











8. Notebook






Do I need to say anything about this one? ;)
It'll be for me, the best of Nicholas Sparks!













Which movies to you consider the best adaptations?






2 comments:

  1. Good list, I love Perks of Being a Wallflower, Harry Potter and The Notebook as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making the list just made me want to watch all of this movies =)

      Delete