Friday, July 12, 2013

A Moment (Moments #1)




Rating :4 stars
Read : April 2013
Format Read : Kindle Edition




" I love him. Love this man with scars with scars so deep they terrify me. I'll do anything to save him. I know that now. And when he whispers my name again, I know in that instant he's ruined me for anyone else. Because this is love. And it's beautiful. 


Nothing comes easy to Liliana, at 21 years old, she have a 7 years old autistic son and a mother with MS. Her dad left them, leaving to Lili to take care of them all and to provide for the whole family.
But Lili is such a strong character, between all the things that life puts in her way, she doesn't give up, and try to provide a better future to her son. So with work, college and family, her love life doesn't even comes up in the equation. 

However, everything changes when Ryan comes up to her life.

Ryan is consumed by his inner demons...it's eating him alive, he can't forget, he can't heal. He just wants to all the pain to go away.
And he decided to end his life...only to be saved by the one meant for him.

And so their story begins, where they will irrevocably change each other lives.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A moment is that indefinable period in your life that only makes sense when you look back and you realize you made the right choice. I didn't know it then, but I made the right choice and I'd do it all over again. This is my moment... 


It was a beautiful and quite an emotional story to read. 
Ryan's pain feels so raw and deep,and some parts self loathing that was hard to read. 
And well, he opens up to Lili and her family was a beauty to read. How he connect wit Javi and her mom, not many guys could deal with all the issues.

And Lili? Such a strong character that didn't give up or dwell in self-pity. And the love for her family was just so powerful.

p.s - Like I told yesterday in my Post, this book is currently free on Amazon...Go grab your copy =)

2 comments:

  1. Great review Joana! And thanks for reminding me that it's free - just grabbed it. I don't have enough books I need to read on my kindle, you know ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie :D
      haha, I'm a kindle hoarder, I'm constantly adding new books and it drives me nuts...because I do want to read them all!

      Enjoy your weekend and Happy readings :)

      p.s- Thank you for stopping by

      Delete