Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)


Rating : 5 stars
Read : June 24 to 27, 2013
Format Read : Kindle Edition




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After being kicked out from Eden, Allie left Zeke and the rest of the band in the city and went looking for her creator, Kanin.

In her new and dark world, there still is a rule that is undeniable, blood calls blood.



Allie is plagued by nightmares that are what Kanin is experiencing, all the pain and agonizing HUNGER he is feeling. She only hopes she will get to him in time.



Arriving to the ruins of a city, drawn there, she realizes that the lead she followed wasn't Kanin but Jackal, her vampire brother, the raider king, that killed many of her friends.



Now with a new ally, she will have to go back to the place where it all started and to face an old and psychotic enemy that is set on releasing a new virus...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Characters 

***Allie***

What to say about her? 
She have become one of my favorite characters ever, she is truly such a kick ass and strong heroine!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“For the rest of my existence, if I lived to see the end of this world, there would never be another Ezekiel Crosse. There would never be another soul as bright as his. And that both terrified me and made me savagely - and maybe selfishly - determined to keep him. Zeke was mine now. Forever” 


And well, Allie is even more bad ass in this one than in the previous book, we clearly see how the character grown and how she is still set on her beliefs and coping with her own darkness.

In this story is shown that not all the monsters are the obvious ones and how humans can do even more terrible things. Allie is more human, selfless than other characters we came across!


***Kanin ***


"It's me. Damn you, Kanin. You were a pain in the ass to find, you know that?"

Kanin didn't answer.
Without warning, his hands rose, pressing to either side of my face as I went rigid. His stare was awes, hopeful, 
as if he couldn't quite believe I was real and had to touch me to make sure I wasn't a phantom."You're here.". 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Seriously, I lost count in how many scenes with Kanin I felt all teary or just highly emotional.

And in many parts I caught myself, wanting that something between him and Allie would occur.

And I do love Zeke too, so I'm feeling confuse.


Still, he is just one of the most fascinating characters in this series.

***Zeke***

“Only death will take me away from you, vampire girl," he whispered. "And even then, I'll watch over you from wherever I end up.” 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another character that only gets better and better! Our favorite preacher boy, it's getting more and more bad ass (imagine him with a crossbow).

And indeed he was one of the character that in a direct and also indirect way, surprised me a LOT. 
***Jackal***

"You sure you want to do this, bloodbag?" he asked, smirking."Go up past the wall, where all the scary vampires

live? Maybe you want to pour some honey or barbecue sauce over yourself before we leave,too." 



Oh and this one (my favorite):



“Oh, don't mind me," came an extremely sarcastic voice near the wall. 

“You two go ahead and make out–I'll just sit here and bleed quietly.” 
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Yep, Jackal is HILARIOUS!!

At first I didn't want to like him. Well, I didn't forget how psychotic he was, or more, treating all humans like bloodbags. But he truly is one of those characters that grew in you. All the sarcasm and the interaction/bantering with Allie, made me like him a lot. 
He will make you laugh a lot and some times just strangle him a little! Just a little!

***Stick ***

He is a bastard.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That is all.

***Sarren ***

He got even more psychotic and sadistic, and I truly thought that wasn't possible.
He proved me wrong...


Overall 
I loved the 1st book but I LOVE this one even more!!!!
Many times, in series, the 2nd book is the weaker because it feels such a in between books,like not many things are going on. I can assure you that doesn't happen in this story! 
It's just MORE
More action and thriller paces scenes, more twists and turns, more of this dark and gritty world, more emotions and so much more at stake.

And how about the ending, are you asking?
It ends with a HUGE CLIFFHANGER!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yep, it made me scream to my kindle and my feelings all over the place. 

It was TORTURE!! 

Blood of Eden is most definitely a MUST READ series and truly a turn-pager.
It's just FANTASTIC!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


***Egalley kindly provided by Harlequin Teen via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review! 
Thank you so much ***

5 comments:

  1. Great review Joana! :D love all the images, and especially the sections about Kanin and Zeke! I agree with you so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris :D
      You know you where the one that made me love kanin even more!

      Gosh, I think I could talk about this 2 all day! So many feelings... :D

      Delete
  2. Definitely true! Lovely review Joana :) Julie Kagawa is the Queen :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexie :D
      So agree, she is the queen!!

      Delete
  3. OMG! I had felt exactly the same way during my course of reading through the Kanin/Allie scenes too! Thanx for sharing your review, it was great:)

    ReplyDelete