Friday, June 21, 2013

Grasping at Eternity (Kindrily #1)


Rating : 3.5 stars
Read: May 28 to 30,2013
Format Read : Kindle Edition



"Every soul is a story shelved away in an infinite library in the sky." 


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What if I told you there reincarnation is a reality? That our souls are bound to come back at earth through several lifetimes?

Most of souls erase their past, starting the new cycle, with the page blank. But they're others, called Elements, that can remember it all. And some of them started a kind of family,united by the love they share and also the powers they have. Above all, the Elements have soul mates, that go through it all together in each lifetime.


"If you love someone, put their name in a circle; because hearts can be broken, but circles never end." 


Nathaniel and Maryah are soul mates. But in the start of this new lifetime, she did the unthinkable and she erased. She doesn't have any recognition of her past, of her Nathaniel.

Almost 18 years later, tragedy hit her life. Now she haves to go live with her guardians, the Luna family. And they will try to make her remember...

This story have SO MUCH ANGST!!!!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nathan just broke my heart!! The pain he was constantly feeling because she didn't remembered him. She choose to not remember him!

That was the soul-shattering issue. I saw nothing inside of her. No flicker of the depthless light in her eyes, no trace of the soul I had loved for centuries. She had let go of our eternity, and I couldn't stop grasping onto the memory of who she used to be. 


In the other hand we have Maryah, trying to adjust to her new life and being clueless. Seriously, she have to be the most CLUELESS and OBLIVIOUS character I ever read!!!!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No I'm not!! Even Carson, Nathan's brother joked around, if she would notice if a meteor hit the house...several times. And she remained clueless.

And that just pissed me off!!! I just wanted to scream WAKE UP or just slap her a bit. 


The side characters were really interesting, specially all the elements (I love Carson!!) and their cool powers. Which made me also think of all the powers, which one I would like to have! Let's just say, I do have pretty awesome ones to choose from.


The plot was interesting but still have MANY answers to be revealed!

3.5 stars 

**egalley kindly provided via netgalley in exchange of a honest review **

No comments:

Post a Comment