Saturday, June 29, 2013

Falling Into You (Falling #1)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Rating : 4 stars
Read : March 19th to 20th 2013
Format read : Kindle Edition

Synopsis (from Goodreads): I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.

Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.
Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.




“All my life it seems

I've been falling,
Failing,
Flailing,
Barely keeping my head above water.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And then one day I saw you
Standing beneath a spreading tree,
Refusing to weep.
But even then I saw
The weight of pain hiding in your eyes,
And I wished then,
There beneath that tree,
To take it all away.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


But I had no words to heal you.
I had no words to heal myself.
And now that Fate has intervened,
Conspired to draw us together,

Despite the weight of pain
Behind both our eyes,
Despite the ghosts trailing all around us
Like a fog of haunting souls,
I’m still trying to find the words to heal you,


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


To take your pain and make it all my own
So your beautiful eyes can smile,
So you can be at peace.
And now that Fate has intervened,
Conspired to draw us together,
I can’t resist the lure of your eyes,

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The temptation of your beauty,
The siren song of your voice
Whispering my name
In the dark comfort between my sheets.
I can’t resist you, baby
Because I’m falling still,

I’m falling into you. “ 



...And i fell for this story and for the 3 characters, Nell, Kyle and Colt.
A really beautiful story, that show us that besides a painful and crushing grieve, there is chance to heal and take a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment